Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Finally out of the construction phase...

After several months of this blog being blank, I decided to take it on. Hopefully I will be able to schedule more time to keep this up so, check back often for more! :-) Luke is in the shop playing with his toys and I am on the couch with the computer again. It seems to be a never ending story.

As of March 1, I am working full-time for the Latah County Youth Advocacy Council, which will be nice. I have been working three-quarter time for them since 2o05 however, this year the comp-time is really adding up. It has become apparent that 32 hours per week is not enough when I am racking up over 50 hours in an average week. I pointed out to my boss that although adding 8 hours per week won't make a significant dent in the comp-time at least I will have less stress from working at two part-time jobs in the same office.

Luke still really enjoys his job working for JJ Building Supply as a delivery driver, however the current economy has not been generous to the home building industry. He took on a second job on Saturdays as a delivery driver for Furniture Center here in Moscow and really enjoys it as well.

I also added cleaning of the JJ store in Colfax to my to do lists on top of work and 4-H. Yes I am still involved in 4-H (it's an addiction for me, I know!). The kids in our club are amazing and remind me every day why I do the work I do with LCYAC and 4-H. They keep me in the moment, on my toes and laughing.

All the kiddo's (yes they are four-legged) Lady (my 21 year old Arabian), Harley (our 4 year old Jack Russell Terrier), Bobby & Tommy (my 18 year old kitties) are doing well and have so far survived the winter. I am not sure I can say the same for our basement at this point. Luke has been running the sump pump four hours per day and is barely keeping up with the amount of water filling the rooms down there. Between the melting snow and pouring rain, I am surprised we have not floated away yet!

Well there will be more here shortly, although I have to warn you this may be the longest post you will see on here!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for updates! Now I know I can keep checking on here to see what's new in your world! I hope we can work something out to see you in Boise during the month of August!!! If not I totally understand :( Love and Miss you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am counting on it at this point! I miss you both!!!

    ReplyDelete